Genus: Cynodon dactylon
Wintergreen couch lawn in Perth has long been a popular variety as it provides low upfront costs, however it is a high maintenance variety that can be very invasive. It is difficult to eradicate once established due to its extensive root system.
- Low cost – Lower in cost than buffalo & kikuyu lawn in Perth.
- Hard wearing – Perfect for use as sports turf in Perth.
- Long standing domestic lawn – Has been available to home owners for decades
- Attractive Light green, fine leaf giving a manicured lawn appearance
Used for domestic, rental properties through to football grounds and golf courses. Secret Harbour Golf Course, Kennedy Bay Golf Club, Port Bouvard Golf Course.
- Visual appeal Light green, fine leaf.
- Watering Low water user. 40ml per week (Over 2-3 days) in Summer, no watering required during Winter.
- Mowing frequency Weekly in Summer, Fortnightly in Winter.
- Wear/Tolerance Good.
- Sunlight/Shade Minimum 5 hours direct sunlight.
- Drought/Frost tolerance Drought tolerance is very good. Frost tolerance is very good.
- Drought/Frost recovery Slower than Village Green, faster than Buffalo.
- Weeds More related to the turf farm that grows it, Greenacres is proud to deliver guaranteed Weed free Wintergreen couch Lawn.
- Cost/Value Lowest initial up front cost, however not long time good value due to negatives and high maintenance.
As many of the above elements of each turf variety can affect the performance in your intended setting, we highly recommend you call Greenacres on 08 9525 8822 for specific advice for your location. Ask about how you can get Greenacres Healthy Lawn Pack (Valued at $195) for free, so you can have the Healthiest Greenest Lawn in the Street.