Genus: Zoysia japonica
Empire Zoysia grass is a medium-bladed, dark green Zoysia grass in Perth that has very good wear tolerance and requires less mowing than some other turf grass. Its an excellent performer in climatic regions north of Perth along the coastal plains as its not tolerant of frost. Order your Empire Zoysia grass in Perth from us today.
- Low maintenance – Is a low water user & requires less fertiliser, mowing & renovation than many other turf varieties. A slower grower than buffalo varieties.
- Less invasive – Can easily be contained with the occasional use of an edger & is easily removed from garden beds.
- Hot climates – Thrives in extreme heat & humidity.
- Attractive – A dark green with a medium leaf width.
Empire Zoysia is suited to domestic Front & Backyards, Commercial Low Traffic areas & Low Mowing frequency eg. Verges.
- Visual appeal Dark green, medium leaf.
- Watering Low water user. 40ml per week (Over 2-3 days) in Summer, no watering required during Winter.
- Mowing frequency Every 2 weeks in Summer, 4-6 weeks in Winter.
- Wear/Tolerance Moderate to low.
- Sunlight/Shade Minimum 4 hours direct sunlight per day.
- Drought/Frost tolerance Drought tolerance is very good. Poor Frost tolerance.
- Drought/Frost recovery Drought Recovery excellent, Frost Recover is slow.
- Weeds More related to the turf farm that grows it, Greenacres is proud to deliver guaranteed Weed free Empire Zoysia Lawn.
- Cost/Value Higher initial up front cost (than couch) however lower maintenance required over life of the lawn than many other varieties.
As many of the above elements of each turf variety can affect the performance in your intended setting, we highly recommend you call Greenacres on 08 9525 8822 for specific advice for your location. Ask about how you can get Greenacres Healthy Lawn Pack (Valued at $195) for free, so you can have the Healthiest Greenest Lawn in the Street.