5 Steps to Choosing the Right Turf For You
Questions customers often ask include:
- Which variety should they choose: Buffalo, Couch, or Kikuyu?
- Which breed of variety is more suitable for their location and lifestyle? For example, if you do choose a buffalo lawn variety, which should you choose, Sir Walter or Palmetto?
- And how does price compare in your choice, what are the differences in upfront cost, long-term maintenance, and overall value (look and feel of the grass)?
- How much water and fertilizer do particular varieties use?
To help answer these questions we’ve outlined below the 5 most important factors to understand in choosing the right turf.
5 Important Factors in Choosing the Right Lawn variety
- Availability of sunlight – full or partial day sun and shade levels
- Durability of Lawn & Usage/Traffic – children, pets, sports
- Soil Type & Condition– base soil level, drainage, compactness and soil type
- Water – reticulation, drought conditions, salt in your area
- Cost – upfront, value (look & feel), & ongoing maintenance
Greenacres is WA’s largest turf farm and supplier to all major WA sports grounds (Perth Stadium, NIB Stadium, and Domain Stadium), Councils, Schools, Golf Courses and tens of thousands of home lawns. We know turf, and we can help educate you more on these 5 areas so you choose what’s best for your lifestyle, budget, and local conditions.
FREE Report: How To Choose The Right Type Of Turf For Your Home or Business
Fill out the brief form below for immediate access to this detailed Report on choosing the right turf variety. In the report we outline in detail each of the 5 factors listed above, and which turf variety best suits each situation circumstance and budget. In addition to valuable information, you’ll also receive a bonus $50 Turf Credit towards any Greenacres turf you purchase#