Turf Suppliers Perth – How Do You Choose A Turf Supplier
Searching for the right turf suppliers in Perth can be a challenge. To ensure you receive top quality fresh turf, ask the turf suppliers if they do all of the following:
- Harvests turf on a daily basis
- Delivers within 24 hours of harvest
- Turf is not refrigerated
- Guarantees Turf is weed free when it leaves the turf supplier’s farm.
- Issues you with a certificate of authenticity for licensed varieties of turf
Your purchase of a Greenacres Turf Group quality product is made even easier with the versatility and ease of installing roll-on turf.
These guidelines are provided as a tool to ensuring you install your lawn correctly to achieve the best results.
You will also be provided with detailed laying and watering instructions when you purchase your quality turf product from Greenacres Turf Group, one of Perth’s leading turf suppliers.
Laying Your New Turf
OK – you have prepared your site, fertilised it and given it a good watering. Now it’s time to roll out the carpet.
Carry the turf required for the back lawns around to the back. Use planks for wheelbarrows, and smooth out wheel ruts and foot prints.
Lay the rolls out around proposed garden beds and along edges of paths and driveways first. The turf can be ‘sprung’ into the curved shapes often required of garden beds. For the benefit of appearance, you shouldn’t make sharp curves for garden edges, and at this stage, you should have the complete perimeter of your lawn shaped out.
Lay turf rolls parallel with the longest straight runs, making sure that the rolls are firmly butted up against each other so that there are no gaps. Fill in gaps by cutting rolls with a bread or steak knife. Don’t cut very small pieces, as these will dry out and die.
Immediately after planting, tamp the rolls down to form a smooth surface with a plate compactor. You can hire one from your local hire place. For larger areas, you will need to water your lawn as you lay it out to prevent it from drying out.
Care After Installation
Keep the turf damp for several weeks following installation, but be careful not to over-water the area.Once the turf sods have become stabilized by developing a root system so that they cannot be lifted, they can be mown. This can be done with either a rotary mower, or with a reel mower.
Mowing will usually be necessary about 2-3 weeks after planting in summer, and longer in winter.
Apply another application of Lawn Starter fertiliser about 1 month after installation to ensure healthy and even growth.
Why Choose Greenacres turf suppliers for Your Roll On Lawn
- Quality Fresh Roll-on Lawn, Guaranteed – Weed Free
- Great value turf supplier with great pricing on top quality lawn varieties
- Lawn will be delivered within 18 hours of harvest to your home
- Best variety & greatest availability as Greenacres is WA’s largest turf supplier
- Friendly service with expert advice on installation & lawn care
- Turf Laying and Installation Tips
- 1 Hour FREE Turf Installation Phone Support
- Healthy Lawn Starter Pack
Also view our other Lawn Services items